Never before has a fuel so complete and effective been available to endurance athletes prior to now. The container of fuel you possess is a result of several years of research and thousands of miles of testing in a variety of endurance disciplines; it is the first fuel introduced by Hammer Nutrition in over a decade. PERPETUEM represents the ultimate, never-before-available link to satisfying the body's fueling requirements no matter how long or difficult your exercise session or race is.
- Maximum endurance from a unique fuel blend complete with complex carbohydrates, protein, and lipids
- Buffer lactic acid with a unique dual-nutrient combination
- Provides limitless energy by enhancing stored fat utilization
- Easily digested, even by the most stomach-sensitive endurance athletes
- Pleasing orange-vanilla taste at any concentration
- Ideal carb:protein ratio minimizes muscle cannibalization for better performance and rapid recovery
- Carbohydrates - As with all Hammer Nutrition fuels, we never add simple sugars to the carbohydrate profile. PERPETUEM contains a specific maltodextrin, which provides nearly 87% of its caloric composition in long chain carbohydrates.
- Protein - A new calcium-enhanced soy protein isolate known as "XT" makes up nearly 10% of the caloric profile of PERPETUEM, the same percentage as is cannibalized during long slow endurance workouts. This particular soy protein contains a very high amount of intact, cardiovascular-enhancing isoflavones.
- Fat - A de-oiled "super lecithin" (extracted from the soybean) is ideal for consistently and reliably fueling the body and maximizing energy production from stored fatty acids.
- Sweetener - We use Energy Smart, the same healthy sweetener in Hammer Gel, in PERPETUEM. This gives PERPETUEM a mellow-orange "Dreamsicle" flavor.
- Tribasic Sodium Phosphate (TSP), the main nutrient found in Race Day Boost, is included in a specific, hourly-effective dose. TSP is an exceptional buffering agent that neutralizes the effects of excess lactic acid during exercise and helps to increase endurance by balancing the acid/alkaline levels in the blood.
- Chromium Polynicotinate is a trace mineral that adds a hormone-like regulation to expand efficient carbohydrate metabolism. Since all carbohydrates are eventually reduced in the body to simple glucose (the body's primary source of energy), Chromium Polynicotinate provides the go-between action by "plugging" serum glucose from the bloodstream directly to the muscle cell.
- L-Carnitine, an amino acid cousin, acts as a transporter of fatty acids into muscle mitochondrial cells where the muscle fuels are burned for energy production. Most of us carry at least 85,000-90,000 calories of energy in fatty-acid stores. If the body is depleted or low in L-Carnitine, our fatty acid reserves are unavailable because they lack sufficient amounts of this carrier agent.
- Choline Barbitrate, a member of the B-complex family, also functions at the cellular level, helping the body access its stored fatty acids for energy conversion.
- Carnosine, a naturally occurring dipeptide from the amino acids histidine and alanine, functions primarily to buffer lactate buildup in muscle structures and acts as a multiple free-radical scavenging antioxidant.
- A modest electrolyte profile is also included in PERPETUEM.